VIRGINIA ROBINSON GARDENS, the first estate built in Beverly Hills, and now a National, California, and Beverly Hills Landmark, was built for Harry and Virginia Robinson, owners of Robinson’s Department Stores. The site includes Italianate buildings and a variety of beautiful gardens and was originally chosen for its views of the sea and mountains. The property was gifted to the County of Los Angeles by Virginia Robinson in 1977 and is open to the public for scheduled tours. The Main Residence–a graceful Beaux Arts style design–was completed in 1911. The gardens include The Great Lawn with its perennial flower borders, The Italian Terrace Garden, The Kitchen Garden and Orchid Greenhouse, The King Palm Forest and Display Rose Gardens. The extensive variety of plants assures that something is always in bloom.
(310) 558-2068 • www.robinsongardens.org – for our Annual Garden Tour on May 14, 2016 and other events
Virginia Robinson Gardens is located at:
1008 Elden Way in Beverly Hills
(310) 550-2087 • firstname.lastname@example.org – for daily tours